Real Estate Accounting Manager
Revive is a fast-growing startup that is rapidly innovating in the real estate industry for homeowners. Our mission is to help homeowners achieve more convenience, more flexibility, and ultimately not leave any money on the table. We accomplish this by offering non-traditional, creative & disruptive financing solutions for homeowners across the nation.
We believe everyone should have the opportunity of maximizing the value of their home. Revive's mission is to become a true partner by investing in our client's profit and providing them with game-changing solutions when selling their home. You'll be joining a fast-paced & fun startup with a hyper-growth mindset.
About the position:
We are seeking an experienced accounting manager that understands accounting principles & real-estate. The job includes visibility of all projects from a finance & accounting perspective, maintaining accounts payable / receivable, and thorough reporting.This is a rapidly growing team within Revive and you will have the opportunity to help build/scale this function. Further, there is opportunity for rapid advancement within this role and the company.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain records according to generally accepted accounting principles including general journal entries, reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and corporate financial support
- Create weekly and monthly financial reports for Corporate Executives Follow up with customers to collect company receivables
- Follow up with vendors for appropriate documentation and payments
- Prepare all records to assist CPA in completing annual tax returns.
- Measure and analyze job costs relating to specific projects
- Participate with management and support functions of the team.
- Review & audit project financials
- Prepare company financial statements
- Assist in month-end close, which will include bank reconciliations, account reconciliations and review of consolidated financials
- Administrator of Quickbooks, Bill.com, Expensify, and Hubspot software; review all expense reports
- Ability to analyze and question data for reasonableness, proper accounting and consistency
- Create and improve upon processes that will help Revive scale as it grows
- You will work closely with the founders in Revive’s office in Irvine, CA
- Other projects, as assigned
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related; CPA or advanced degree (a plus)
- Real estate, construction, & partnership accounting experience (a strong plus)
- Always striving for excellence and continuous improvement
- Strong excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to convey information to another effectively and efficiently.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. The ideal candidate takes personal responsibility for team success and presents solutions to problems.
- Excellent customer-facing skills
- Ability to work in office; This is not a remote position