George Hanold on how to keep knocking on doors
Welcome back to Real talk, with Realtors! In this podcast, we break down the amazing solutions in the real estate industry today with real estate professionals, and jam on when these programs are applicable and how they benefit the homeowner. Hosted by Dalip Jaggi and presented by Revive, your real estate concierge for maximizing profit.
This is Episode #7 and we’re getting real with George Hanold, Director of Times Real Estate California. Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – follow and leave a 5-star review if you think it’s Real talk!
- Episode Summary & Player
- Show Notes
- Real talk, with Realtors Summary
Real talk, with Realtors Episode #7: George Hanold on how to keep knocking on doors
George Hanold is the Director of Times Real Estate California, voted Orange County's Best Real Estate Company by the LA Times. He left college to start his real estate career and hasn't looked back since, also spending time as a volunteer youth minister. Hear how to lead your real estate team, keep knocking on doors, establish relationships instead of pure sales transactions, do what’s uncomfortable, and how he overcame being raided in a legal dispute. This episode covers everything from leaving school to knocking on doors on doors on doors. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- How did George get into real estate?
- What was he like in college?
- Is he a competitor by spirit?
- What does leadership mean to him?
- Should realtors go after “No Soliciting” signs?
- What was short selling like?
- What are his thoughts on innovation?
- Real talk...not Real talk: Keller Williams
Connect with George at TimesRealEstateCA.com.
Check out the episode and show notes below for much more detail.
- Real talk, with George Hanold
- [0:12] Welcome back to Real talk, with Realtors
- [0:33] Connect with George at TimesRealEstateCA.com
- [0:45] Revive Concierge
- [1:12] Podcast
- [1:30] How did George get into real estate?
- [1:49] Business Administration at San Diego State University
- [2:16] Hanold Properties, Newport Beach, CA
- [2:37] How old was George when he left school?
- [2:57] What was he like in college?
- [4:14] Is he a competitor by spirit?
- [4:32] Costa Mesa, CA
- [5:32] How did George build his team?
- [7:47] What does leadership mean to him?
- [9:48] How does he practice serving his team?
- [10:57] Finance
- [11:57] Why do people think it’s an act?
- [12:57] Community Service
- [13:30] Marketing, Hiring
- [13:39] How does faith fit into his business?
- [16:04] Sales, Business Development (BizDev)
- [16:20] Shoutout Dominic!
- [16:29] Nonprofit
- [17:08] D&D (Dungeons & Dragons), Blizzard
- [18:41] Should realtors go after “No Soliciting” signs?
- [19:17] Are there any good stories that came out of it?
- [20:18] Is George’s wife a practicing realtor too?
- [21:08] Business Cards
- [21:37] Tech (Technology), Startups, Entrepreneur, App
- Legal disputes in the real estate industry
- [22:48] 2007-2008 Housing Crisis
- [23:17] Short Selling Homes, Equator Program
- [23:43] Client
- [24:56] Bankruptcy
- [26:03] Depression
- [26:18] Master Jumper 173rd Airborne Ranger
- [27:13] Corona Del Mar, CA
- [28:24] How long ago was this?
- [28:35] Was he fully immersed in his faith before that?
- [29:41] Is his dad still healthy today?
- [30:45] What was short selling like?
- [31:58] Mortgage, Debt Forgiveness
- [32:58] How was the plaintiff to the DA’s mom?
- [34:39] What was the timeframe for all of this?
- [35:49] Rise Up Kings
- [36:26] What did he do differently?
- [38:08] What are his thoughts on innovation?
- [38:38] Home Concierge, Trade Up, Sell 360
- [39:39] COVID-19
- [39:46] Working From Home (WFH)
- [39:55] Was George offering these services in the past?
- [40:13] Do homeowners get it when he presents?
- Real talk...not Real talk?
- [41:56] Hockey
- [42:22] Keller Williams
- [42:36] Realtor as a profession
- [42:54] College
- [43:36] Zillow
- [43:44] Return On Investment (ROI), Prospects
- [43:59] Flex
- [44:22] The current real estate market
- [44:53] Inventory
- [45:18] Connect with George at TimesRealEstateCA.com
- [45:48] Maximize your real estate profit at iloverevive.com
- [45:52] Make sure to follow Real talk, with Realtors on your favorite podcast spot and leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts
- Theme Song: Groovy Funky Soul by NILLY NELL
What is Real talk, with Realtors?
There’s been a tremendous amount of innovation in the real estate industry for homeowners. As a homeowner today, there are more options available than ever before. In this show, we break down these amazing solutions with real estate professionals, and jam on when these programs are applicable and how they benefit the homeowner. Hosted by Dalip Jaggi and presented by Revive, your real estate concierge for maximizing profit.
How do I maximize my real estate profit?
Thanks for listening to George Hanold on Real talk, with Realtors. Visit iloverevive.com to leverage our expertise and capital to maximize profits and convenience for home sellers.