Jay Voorhees on building your brokerage team with virtual assistants
Welcome back to Real talk, with Realtors! In this podcast, we break down the amazing solutions in the real estate industry today with real estate professionals, and jam on when these programs are applicable and how they benefit the homeowner. Hosted by Dalip Jaggi and presented by Revive, your real estate concierge for maximizing profit.
This is Episode #17 and we’re getting real with Jay Voorhees, a broker and the Founder of JVM Lending. Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – follow and leave a 5-star review if you think it’s Real talk!
- Episode Summary & Player
- Show Notes
- Real talk, with Realtors Summary
Real talk, with Realtors Episode #17: Jay Voorhees on building your brokerage team with virtual assistants
Jay Voorhees is a broker and the Founder of JVM Lending. He’s been in the mortgage arena for over 25 years and has built a super team with no loan officers, very low rates, and the best client experiences in the industry. Hear how to build your real estate team with virtual assistants (VAs), find the right VAs, establish a consistent hiring approach, train VAs in the most helpful fashion, and document your processes. This episode covers everything from staying dedicated to training to building a business with your spouse. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What is the scope of JVM Lending’s employees?
- How did Jay start JVM Lending?
- What will the future of mortgage lending look like?
- Could JVM implement tech to find more efficiencies?
- What tasks should you hand your VA?
- How do you get yourself to delegate?
- What does Jay attribute their growth to?
- Real talk...not Real talk: 30-year fixed vs. 15-year fixed
Connect with Jay at JVMLending.com.
Check out the episode and show notes below for much more detail.
- Real talk, with Jay Voorhees
- [0:14] Welcome back to Real talk, with Realtors
- [0:26] Revive Concierge
- [0:43] Connect with Jay at JVMLending.com
- [1:17] How did Jay start JVM Lending?
- [1:32] Law School, Wells Fargo
- [1:58] Loan Officer
- [2:00] Heejin Kim
- [2:10] 2008 Financial Crisis
- [2:33] Full Income Documentation
- [2:56] Commission
- [3:01] Interest Rate
- [3:26] Virtual Assistant (VA)
- [3:47] Does JVM Lending have any loan officers?
- [4:37] What is the scope of JVM’s employees?
- [5:15] Marketing
- [5:52] Could JVM implement tech (technology) to find more efficiencies?
- [6:36] Point of Sale (POS), Blend
- [7:06] Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- [7:23] SaaS (Software as a Service)
- [7:33] Quicken Loans
- [7:52] Why can’t this be the click of a button?
- [8:09] Blog
- [8:57] Balance Sheet
- [9:58] What will the future of mortgage lending look like?
- [11:26] How did Jay develop his training program?
- [11:36] Lessonly
- [13:00] SOP (Standard Operating Procedure)
- [13:16] Content
- [13:34] Amazon
- [14:41] Facebook
- [15:20] Upwork
- [15:27] How do you find virtual assistants?
- [15:43] MyOutDesk
- [16:19] Brivity
- [16:46] Sales Assistants, Phone Animal
- [17:13] Ben Kinney
- [18:01] What tasks should you hand your VA?
- [18:43] Email, Database, Data, Clients
- [19:08] Personal Assistants
- [19:38] Escrow
- [19:42] How do you ensure security of your private information?
- [22:09] Dropbox
- [22:36] How do you get yourself to delegate?
- [22:42] Millennials
- [23:20] Could they build a JVM Lending office overseas?
- [24:22] Is anyone else in the industry doing this?
- [24:30] Sun West Mortgage
- [24:59] Safebox, Finance of America
- [25:48] What does Jay attribute their growth to?
- [27:51] How do you find your differentiator?
- [29:32] Nordstrom, Walmart
- [30:02] Siemens
- [30:11] COVID-19
- Real talk...not Real talk?
- [31:25] 30-year fixed vs. 15-year fixed
- [32:28] Compass IPO (Initial Public Offering)
- [34:13] Interest rates today
- [35:36] Loan Officer vs. Realtor
- [36:26] Brittany Walter on Real talk, with Realtors
- [36:45] Connect with Jay at JVMLending.com
- [37:01] Maximize your real estate profit at iloverevive.com
- [37:05] Make sure to follow Real talk, with Realtors on your favorite podcast spot and leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts
- Theme Song: Groovy Funky Soul by NILLY NELL
What is Real talk, with Realtors?
There’s been a tremendous amount of innovation in the real estate industry for homeowners. As a homeowner today, there are more options available than ever before. In this show, we break down these amazing solutions with real estate professionals, and jam on when these programs are applicable and how they benefit the homeowner. Hosted by Dalip Jaggi and presented by Revive, your real estate concierge for maximizing profit.
How do I maximize my real estate profit?
Thanks for listening to Jay Voorhees on Real talk, with Realtors. Visit iloverevive.com to leverage our expertise and capital to maximize profits and convenience for home sellers.