Ryan Grant on customer service in the real estate industry
Welcome back to Real talk, with Realtors! In this podcast, we break down the amazing solutions in the real estate industry today with real estate professionals, and jam on when these programs are applicable and how they benefit the homeowner. Hosted by Dalip Jaggi and presented by Revive, your real estate concierge for maximizing profit.
This is Episode #3 and we’re getting real with Ryan Grant, Division President, The Insight Team of NEO Home Loans. Listen to the episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast spots – follow and leave a 5-star review if you think it’s Real talk!
- Episode Summary & Player
- Show Notes
- Real talk, with Realtors Summary
Podcast Episode #3: Ryan Grant - Division President, The Insight Team of NEO Home Loans
Ryan Grant is the Division President, The Insight Team of NEO Home Loans. They're the #1 mortgage lending team in Orange County and top 25 in the US. Hear why customer service should be your main focus, how to benefit your customers in the long run, measure success, innovate while keeping the human element, and the pros and cons of different types of mortgages. This episode covers everything from customer service to 15-year mortgages. Here’s a small sample of what you will hear in this episode:
- What is NEO Home Loans?
- How do you select the right mortgage lender?
- What are the concerns with “click-of-a-button” mortgages?
- How do you educate consumers?
- How is Ryan running two companies at the same time?
- What does innovation look like in the mortgage space?
- How do you make systems more efficient?
- Real Talk...Not Real Talk: HomeLight
Check out the episode and show notes below for much more detail.
- Real talk, with Ryan Grant
- [0:15] Welcome back to Real talk, with Realtors
- [0:35] Connect with Ryan at ArtOfHomeOwnership.com and itHomeLoans.com
- [1:06] Amit Singh
- [1:34] Mentoring
- [1:47] What is NEO Home Loans?
- [2:34] CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- [2:42] Customer Service
- [3:00] Interest Rates
- [3:21] Clients
- [4:41] Mortgage
- [5:00] Homeowner
- [5:38] Real Estate
- [5:49] Fiduciary
- [6:21] Consumers
- [6:28] Zappos, Tony Hsieh
- [6:37] How do you select the right mortgage lender?
- [7:14] “Quicken Loans: Push Button. Get Mortgage”
- [7:26] Key & Peele
- [7:52] Credit Card
- [8:01] Personal Finance
- [9:28] Loan, Estate Planning
- [10:00] Operations (Ops)
- [10:08] P&L (Profit & Loss Statement)
- [10:21] Why is Ryan’s marketing budget limited?
- [10:48] What are the concerns with “click-of-a-button” mortgages?
- [11:48] Dalip’s Pizza Dream
- [12:12] The Great Recession
- [12:28] Gross Income
- [12:45] Foreclosure
- [13:24] Why are so many lenders thought of as sales-driven?
- [14:32] Customer Satisfaction
- [15:20] Social Currency
- [15:48] How do you educate consumers?
- [17:17] Facebook
- [17:23] HR (Human Resources)
- [18:00] Marketing, Referrals
- [18:46] Branding, Advertising
- [19:21] What is The Art of Home Ownership (AOH)?
- [20:36] Commission
- [20:48] Podcast
- [21:53] Starbucks
- [23:47] Accounts Receivable (AR)
- [23:51] How is Ryan running two companies at the same time?
- [24:32] Business Development (BizDev)
- [26:04] Tech (Technology)
- [26:20] COVID-19
- [26:36] Melissa Tvedt
- [26:54] CEO (Chief Executive Officer)
- Innovation in the Mortgage Industry
- [27:35] What does innovation look like in the mortgage space?
- [28:12] Tax Returns, W-2
- [28:38] Automation, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- [28:51] Fulfillment
- [30:40] CFP (Certified Financial Planner)
- [31:21] Henry Ford
- [31:38] Revive
- [31:52] How does Ryan know he’s made a difference for homeowners?
- [33:08] How do you make systems more efficient?
- [33:23] Barriers to Entry
- [33:33] Existential Flex
- [34:01] Walt Disney
- [34:13] Disneyland
- Real Talk...Not Real Talk?
- [35:09] Law School
- [35:15] USC (University of Southern California)
- [35:36] Internet
- [35:45] Buying your first home as your own home
- [36:00] Assets, Liabilities
- [36:06] Liquidity
- [36:27] Revenue
- [36:51] 15-Year Fixed
- [37:01] Waterfall Theory
- [37:21] Pre-Tax Retirement, Opportunity Money
- [37:34] Stock Market
- [39:02] How many people opt in to the 15-year Fixed?
- [39:24] Net Worth
- [40:07] HomeLight
- [40:28] Revive Trade Up Program
- [40:44] Shiny Object Syndrome
- [41:54] Brooklyn Nets
- [42:01] Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant, LaMarcus Aldridge
- [42:15] Connect with Ryan at ArtOfHomeOwnership.com and itHomeLoans.com
- [44:21] MIDI Table
- [44:31] Maximize your real estate profit at iloverevive.com
- [44:33] Make sure to follow Real talk, with Realtors on your favorite podcast spot and leave us a 5-star review on Apple Podcasts
- Theme Song: Groovy Funky Soul by NILLY NELL
What is Real talk, with Realtors?
There’s been a tremendous amount of innovation in the real estate industry for homeowners. As a homeowner today, there are more options available than ever before. In this show, we break down these amazing solutions with real estate professionals, and jam on when these programs are applicable and how they benefit the homeowner. Hosted by Dalip Jaggi and presented by Revive, your real estate concierge for maximizing profit.
How do I maximize my real estate profit?
Thanks for listening to Ryan Grant on Real talk, with Realtors. Visit iloverevive.com to leverage our expertise and capital to maximize profits and convenience for home sellers.